ADX Is hiring a full-time digital fabrication technician
The Digital Fabrication Technician is responsible for: operating, designing for, and maintaining client relationships related to, the Laser and CNC at ADX.
The Digital Fabrication Technician reports to the Fabrication Services Director, and as such may also be responsible from time to time for other fabrication work, special projects and/or training others on the use of the Laser, or CNC as workload fluctuates.
The ability to work both independently, collaboratively, and creatively is vital to this position.
As ADX is an emerging company with limited staff it must be understood that all employees will have to take on tasks that are outside of their normal job description. These tasks are meant to be reasonable in nature and shared by all as the responsibility of the business as a whole.
- Intake non-production level client work
- Coordinate with Fabrication Director for production and prototyping clients
- Establish, maintain and develop relationships with existing and potential customers as evidenced by increased customer base and retention. Act as a liaison between customers and ADX.
- Advise clients on, and assist in, product and file design
- Provide quotes to, and bill, clients
- Track all client work from start through completion
- Offer administrative support for a range of ADX projects
- Perform other related duties, including assistance with projects, facilities, marketing, classes and events, as needed.
- Submit detailed timesheets
- Advise Fabrication and Operations Directors on operational and other needs
- Direct and manage projects development from beginning to end. Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Maintain and operate the Laser and CNC machines
- Provide direct oversight of 3D program and maintain, operate 3D printer as needed
- Ensure CNC and Laser software and supporting equipment (blowers, dust vents, etc) are maintained, up-to-date and meet ongoing needs.
- Able to comfortably walk, stand or sit for four (4) plus hours a day
- Ability to make repetitive hand movement, such as typing
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to communicate effectively to a diverse community of members and visitors – in person, via email, and by telephone – and provide excellent customer relations
- High level of individual initiative required, including ability to work with limited supervision and resolve practical problems independently
- Strong written and analytical skills, with accuracy and attention to detail paramount
- Excellent organizational skills, enabling you to consistently meet daily, weekly and monthly deadlines
- Collaborative attitude and ability to work in a team environment within a nontraditional space
- Expert in using 3D and CAD programs as well as G-Code
- Advanced understanding and manipulation of vector files and artwork
- Able to consult with non-experts on various vector and raster based file types
- Can set up, run and troubleshoot Laser and CNC machines and jobs
- Microsoft Office experience and the general ability to rapidly learn new software.
- At least one year experience running similar machines
- Proven design experience
- Attend regularly to prioritize tasks and check in on goals and strategies.
- Operate independently and professionally.
- Hourly Pay rate is $12/hr. for a 90-day introductory period, raise to $15 after successful first review and proven knowledge of expected skills.
- Discount on ADX Membership: “Part-Time” fabricators get a 50% discount off their preferred level, “Full-Time” fabricators get a 100% discount off their preferred level.
- Class discounts apply to Fabricators that hold and ADX Membership.
- Hours are flexible (during the day), Fabricators are expected to work between the hours of 9am-7pm or as the work requires.
The Services Technician will work in the ADX facility.
Please email your cover letter, resume including 3 professional references, and samples of your previous work to: email@example.com with the subject line: Part Time Digital Technician.