The Fabrication Technician 1 is responsible for tasks delegated to them by the Fabrication Director and Fabrication Project Managers. These duties will be in line with current skill sets possessed by each technician.
The Fabrication Technician 1 reports to the Fabrication Services Director, and as such may also be responsible from time to time for other fabrication work, special projects and/or training others on the use of the specialty machinery and processes as workload fluctuates.
The ability to work both independently, collaboratively, and creatively is vital to this position.
As ADX is an emerging company with limited staff so it must be understood that all employees will have to take on tasks that are outside of their normal job description. These tasks are meant to be reasonable in nature and shared by all as the responsibility of the business as a whole.
- Coordinate with Fabrication Director and Project Manager for production and prototyping clients
- Establish, maintain and develop relationships with existing and potential customers as evidenced by increased customer base and retention. Act as a liaison between customers and ADX.
- Assist in product and file design
- Assist in the direction and management of projects developed by the Design and Fabrication Director, or an assigned Project Manager
- Assist in developing marketing strategies with the Design and Fabrication Director.
- Able to comfortably walk, stand or sit for four (4) plus hours a day
- Ability to make repetitive hand movement, such as typing
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Proven metal shop experience
- Ability to TIG and MIG weld and braze various metals effectively in a production setting where quality is paramount.
- Basic carpentry skills a plus.
- Ability to use woodworking or metal machinery within a safe operating capacity.
- Basic understanding of construction and design.
- High level of individual initiative required, including ability to work with limited supervision and resolve practical problems independently
- Strong written and analytical skills, with accuracy and attention to detail paramount
- Excellent organizational skills, enabling you to consistently meet daily, weekly and monthly deadlines
- Collaborative attitude and ability to work in a team environment within a nontraditional space
- Attend regular meetings to prioritize tasks and check in on goals and strategies.
- Operate independently and professionally.
- The Fabrication Technician 1 will work in the ADX facility and offsite as needed.
- This position is up to 40 hours/ week, as needed. Pay starts at $12-$15/hr depending on experience, with a review after 90 days of employment for increased compensation.